View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Al

Hey everybody!

Thanks for all the warm thoughts. Man, that was a wooly night, but thankfully we came out all right. My thoughts are with those of you that have worse to deal with than we do.

The auction itself went off without a hitch (and thanks to those who participated), and then I spent most of Monday taking care of invoices and making packages, but by 4:00 or so it became pretty apparent that it was going to get nasty so I packed up all the material safely and got it out of harm's way.

We still have no power and I have no idea when it will return, but I did see a FedEx truck drive by this morning, so I suppose that means the roads are more passable than yesterday. We have a generator, but we're using it sparingly because it's awfully hard to find gas. Slowly but surely I am getting winnings packaged, and as soon as our Internet comes back (I can access the net via cellular on my iPad or phone, but that's it) I'll be ale to process invoices and start shipping.

Just as a note of caution - for anyone in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware, or Pennsylvania who may have won something, I will not ship to you until we make contact via email. If you are not at home, or if God forbid you have damage or worse, I don't want you to have to worry about cards getting to you safely. They'll be safe here until you tell me it's okay to ship.

Thanks to everyone for your patience, and stay safe!

Al