View Single Post
Old 09-21-2023, 08:32 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
I listen regularly to the NascardRadio podcast, which is a podcast about racing cards. A while back, the show talked about Petty cards and that he still visits the Richard Petty Museum in Randleman, N.C., once or twice a week specifically to sign all the items people have sent to the museum for autographs.

Petty still signs for free. Volunteers at the museum lay out all the items on tables and Petty moves down the line from item to item. For items that Petty has not seen before, he often jots a quick note on the item in addition to his signature.

Speaking of beautiful autographs, Adam, I imagine you will like this story. I listened to the "The War," an audiobook book a year or so ago on the brutal Hagler-Hearns fight. At one point, the book mentioned how beautiful Hagler's autograph was and how much time he put into making a nice signature for fans. After hearing that, I had to go look up some MMH autographs to see for myself how nice his autograph was.

Hagler definitely had one of the nicest signatures in boxing. He could be a bit surly in person, but if you got him, he didn’t cheap out on the signature.

Also, look how much nicer Hagler's signatures is on a glove with Sugar Ray Leonard's.

Oh...and sorry to hijack this Racing thread with this boxing post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MarvinHaglerSignedPhotoA12Sept16a773.jpg (148.3 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg MarvinHaglerSugarRayLeonardIMG_3523.JPG (119.9 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpg MarvinHaglerSignedVsTonySibsonBT08May298.JPG (111.1 KB, 194 views)

Last edited by D. Bergin; 09-21-2023 at 09:38 AM.