View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Paul

I would say the differences are only subtle. I still miss the halcyon days of basic text messaging, where you didn't have as much "noise" between each post. And the site was a lot less commercial.

In terms of substance, I have found that I drift from the threads more than I used to. How many times can I read about the different nuances of T206s? Still, I do think we need a good "F. Scott Fitzgerald" post every six months or so.

A while ago I went into the ancient archives and started bumping certain threads to the top. I thought it was awesome to engage for the first time on some topics that hadn't been addressed in a really long time. I think I went overboard, and got a slap down from the benevolent moderator. But, there is something to be said for the notion that we get a lot of repeat business on some boring topics, and other amazing topics get under-noticed.

Also, as the regular contributors start to "green", you get a lot of dis-interest in topics that have been beaten to death.

All-in-all, I haven't noticed too much of a change. Like I said, it's been subtle.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206