Thread: REA fun!
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 11:58 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
Agreed on the phone part, for sure. But for someone who has a bunch of bids in and can't afford to win them all, that guy has no idea which lots he is winning without a website to check. So, if you can't afford a bunch of high ceiling bids, then the only way to bid last night would have been to keep waiting up and hoping the site eventually worked (which many cannot do) OR to spend the whole night on the phone asking for updates on your bids so that you could go an increment or two on the items that the status of your other bids told you you could still afford. I can't imagine there were a whole lot of people that wanted to do that for anything but a must have item, and that is where I think the money was lost on this one.

I should add - I don't have any issues with REA's integrity or honesty, this is just a shitty situation that they are doing their best to fix.
Agree completely. There is not even a question that consigners lost money last night due to the site not working. People simply went to sleep and gave up on an early Monday morning. To say otherwise is to defy reality.