Thread: REA fun!
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 02:19 PM
Steve Woe.lfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Brian is not stupid. He knows that the disaster of last night's auction could have a profound effect on his company. This isn't Bill Mastro who was all about fancy orange packing tape and behind the scenes fraud. I have no doubt that he will get this problem fixed in time for the next auction. Again, REA is and has been the most honest auction house in existence since I've been collecting and I have total faith in them as a bidder.
+1

As frustrating as it was for everyone, I can't imagine the sick to your stomach feeling that Brian must have had last night. I am not a computer/systems/IT guy at all, but working in finance, I've been on the phone with enraged clients who couldn't access their systems. When you are powerless to help, other than pushing/escalating with the "techies", it's one of the worse feelings in the world and you dread picking up the phone every time it rings.

So, kudos to Brian for doing his best to keep everyone informed. He posted on here multiple times, knowing that he was facing a pretty angry group of folks.

I'm sorry to anyone who missed out on a white whale, or anyone whose consignment didn't sell for as much as it should have.

Also bad luck in that some potential bidders were probably wrapped up in what turned out to be the World Series clincher.

At the end of the day, this hobby is still a great way to get a little respite from all of the more serious things going on in the world.
T206 SLers: 11/48
T206 Back Run: 28/39

Desiderata

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Strive to be happy.