View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 11:39 PM
Ken Marks

Default Pardee Promotional??

You know Peter, have never seen Jack Pardee as part of any promotional material. Paul Hornung is the primary person associated with in store promotions (and media ads) that I have seen. There is the big sign that Mike Blaisdell has posted as part of this thread that had three large cards (Hornung, Unitas, and Kilmer). But have never seen or heard of anything about Pardee being a part of some sort of promotional item. I wonder what you have. Standard card size??

This might be way too much minutia, but a comment on the picture of the sign Mike posted since we are talking promotional material for the 1962 Post Cereal Football set. I too have that promotional sign and until Mike posted a picture of his, was the only one I had ever seen. What was very interesting was that his sign while pretty much the same, was not exactly the same as the one I have. The football player on the bottom is going the opposite direction and the cut of the bottom is not the same. It looks to me that Post produced two different signs that could be displayed back to back (and fit perfectly) for grocery store displays. Just thought I would throw that out as surprised me.

Last edited by Kenmarks; 05-26-2015 at 11:47 PM.