View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 06:40 PM

Hi Jon,
That's a great question! I have gotten literally hundreds of no-hit tickets signed, so I guess I'm qualified to weigh in on this topic.

If it were me, I would have Jeter sign the ticket in blue (or black) fine-tipped (NOT ULTRA FINE-TIPPED!!) Sharpie in the lighter colored area at the bottom of the ticket.
I would also prefer that the signature not encroach on the date since that's important. I know that cost is an issue with Jeter, but I might have 3,000 added below the sig.

My best advice is to make several color copies of the ticket and look at typical examples of Jeter's sit-down sig. Experiment with blue and black colored fine-tipped Sharpies and simulate Jeter's loopy scrawl. Compare the options and choose what appeals most to your eye. I would then send VERY detailed instructions as well as the color copy with Jeter sig to the signing promoter that you like best to show him where and how you would like it signed. This will likely yield the best end result. Good luck, it's an awesome looking ticket!

As a side note, I had to go through this process carefully when it came to getting my Sandy Koufax perfect game ticket signed a couple of years ago. Cost and the end result were very important to me. Mr. Koufax was a pro and did a perfect job. Here is how it turned out as a final product:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sandy Koufax signed perfect game ticket.jpg (68.0 KB, 210 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 12-02-2013 at 06:41 PM.