View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 05:40 AM
Administrator

Default E90-1 Young on Ebay

Posted By: Tony Andrea

In Mikes post, he mentions - "Logical question is, where is the market headed on this card".
Have you seen the ending prices on mid grade (vg, vg/ex) Hofer's and short prints from this set lately. To say the set is hot right now would be an understatement.
Take it from a guy who is currently putting the set together in 4's and 5's, (some 3's). Its very very tough. My opinion is, what once was said to be an easy set to complete, is now extremely difficult.
I put this set at the top of my list as having the most potential in growth still to come.
There's just not a whole lot of nice examples of some of the Hofer's and short prints around from this set to cover the demand. Although mentioned in another recent post where we speak of the population reports not being accurate on some of the other sets, take a look sometime at Sgc's and Psa's pop report on this set. 4's, 5's, and 6's combined are pretty low. Take into consideration crossover's that surely have taken place on some and you still have just handfuls available in vg/ex and above on many cards from the set. Leon, I think you did okay on the Young.
Although its not a real toughie from the set, it still gets plenty of attention when it pops up for sale. It went for about where market currently is on the card.

Tony Andrea