View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 09:16 AM
John

My main target was actually the PSA 5 Dutch Clark - I was thinking a midgrade low number might get lost in the shuffle, even a HOFer, but I was sure wrong about that - I think like several of the other cards - it sold much higher than it would have on eBay.

Brent, nice pick up on the Masterson - that was one of the ones I've actually seen a similar card sell higher in the past. I think it was Goodwin, but I can't say for sure.

Jeff, from what I recall, the only card you need to upgrade is the Burnett, surprised to see you bidding Agree about not being the one to set the record - I'd imagine the Ernie Smith blew away whatever data VCP has, right?

Scott, I just picked up Burnett, I need to post it now that I have it in hand, but it was a busy weekend. I still need Ernie Smith, Isola, Dutch Clark, Shipwreck Kelly, and Montgomery. I'm also always looking for upgrades esp. on the low numbers which usually don't break the bank until the grades get really high. Do you have a set on the PSA registry? I tried to find that Nagurski of yours, but I didn't see it.