View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Default Pre-War Autograph Opinion

Posted By: T206Collector

Real ruths to send in, then send in 10 fakes and see what percentage come back as forgeries.

But be careful. The authenticators do cooperate with the FBI on tracking down known forgers. That was another of my conversations as Joe Collector with the JSA people in White Plains last month that I thought was really interesting.

Ultimately, I don't care who the public trusts most. How did the public decide that PSA/DNA and JSA were leading authenticators? I never had a vote until I subscribed to both of their services and paid them both money. And I am not wedded to either.

But it is very easy to challenge the signatures when we don't have any knowledge about who really signed the items. I am looking for an empirical analysis of signatures we know are real vs. Those we know are fake and then see how many PSA or JSA get right. Now THAT was be fascinating.

Opinions about already authenticated signatures is interesting, but never definitive.
It is just a competing opinion. I am looking for objective fact and analysis.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visit http://www.t206collector.com for my blog, interviews, articles, card galleries and more!