View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey19thcentury View Post
I would like to add Roy Pitts and James MacAlister. I bought thousands and thousands of items from the MacAlister collection when it was auctioned off over a period by Hunt Auctions. In retrospect, I wish I would've kept some of the stuff. It is amazing how the market for non-HOF signatures took a downturn since those auctions (especially letters). Then again, it seems that I sold the tougher items to the same 5 or 6 people weekly.
I kept a spreadsheet on the prices I got on all of the tougher older player sigs I sold from his collection. Unbelievable when I go back every now and then and look. I am not complaining, items from Mr. MacAlister's inventory helped me purchase my first house.
Also, you can thank the MacAlister collection for the glut of 3x5s and Rowe photo postcards that still pop up often.
As for Mr. Pitts, items originating from his collection still pop up.
Also, there was an old school collector from my area (Pittsburgh). I can't believe that I am unable to think of his name now. Anyways, items from his collection still make the rounds. Also, Jim Armstrong.
+1