View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 09:17 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
While researching some 1970's era baseball pinbacks, I stumbled upon this website. Pretty good info on a wide range of items. A bit New York-centic, but what the heck. I'm sure many of you are already aware of this site, but for those who aren't:

http://keymancollectibles.com/
Intresting web site that I have known about for years but some of the information is wrong. I have tried to contact them to change things but no dice. I will use 1 example in the pin section as most of you know that is what I collect. Keep the dodgers in brooklyn pin is not 1 3/4 inch in size it is just about 1 1/2.
The photo they use of the back with the union logo is really that of the mickey mantle theresa brewer pin. You can see the edge of the bat very clearly. Back looks very different. Being an owner of a real one here are the front and back scans. The union logo on the real one looks nothing like what they have posted. If you go by them you might not be buying the real thing so still be careful as this is a 1000 to 1500 dollar pin.There are others that need fixing....

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..

Last edited by batsballsbases; 12-04-2017 at 08:21 PM.