Thread: Philly Show
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 02:47 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by judsonhamlin View Post
I've been going to these shows since the Motor Lodge days and followed the show to Ft. Washington (even wrote a review of the show there for VCBC) and Reading. Since the move to Valley Forge, I've continued the pilgrimage from central Jersey and have generally enjoyed the shows even when they haven't been great. But I've missed the last two and I think have finally come to the conclusion that it just isn't worth the trip. I was Christmas shopping in New Hope/Lambertville and was all ready to go over on Friday when I realized that I'd be seeing most of the same cards for the nth time and that the dealers that didn't put prices on their cards wouldn't start now and the dismissive/bored dealers wouldn't begin engaging with their customers and so on. So I drove home instead.
Sad but nothing stays the same forever.
Hi Judson

T'is a shame we didn't meet up last Friday when you were in the New Hope (PA) area. I live north of New Hope, and I would have
taken you on a more direct (and scenic) route to Valley Forge. No NJ or Pennsy Pikes needed to get there.

Anyhow, I was at the Show Friday, and in terms of finding some 19th Century stuff and certain T206 rare backs (American Beauty,
Lenox, red Hindu, Uzit, etc.) the show was disappointing. But, it was great talking with dealers Kevin Savage, Brian Dec, Dave Czuba,
William Chappelle, Dick DeCoursey, and John Goodman.
There was definitely less dealer set-ups than there has been in the past. Several of the veteran dealers who always have some great
stuff do not set up at this show any more.

TED Z