View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 11:26 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Avast is flooded with false positives based on it's algorithms. They can run an update and throw numerous alerts out until it is sorted in a few days.

This has nothing to do with Net54 or eBay, it's simply the programming that AVG uses and the ads on eBay. If you use Firefox it will also tend to false positive more often on that OS.

EDIT:

a quick visit shows Avast admits this is an error they are fixing - https://support.avg.com/answers?id=9060N000000gEpVQAU

Virus programs tend to bring panic and "chicken little" reactions from the general users. Remember that they are easily triggered and use critical thinking when reacting. A website like ebay has an immense amount to lose should any trust be eroded by a virus transmission due to a simple visit. They are using a plethora of resources to keep it clean. Risks are more common on shady sites that you would expect, spam mail and sketchy links and downloads. What would be frustrating to me is if I was a seller with an auction ending and the avast users are scared to log in for 48 hours. That could have very much effected end values and it was not Ebays fault in the least.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 11-18-2018 at 11:58 AM.