View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 01:33 PM
Nick Barnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysell View Post
Ok, NICK , we all know the Rose story by now ! Why do we even have a gambling rule in baseball ? Answer is, owner Charles Comiskey , cheap ass ! That"s why ! Paying other HOFers like Eddie Collins $ 15,000 in 1915 , holding out other stars ,so they would not reach there bonus ! For starting the problem & what price did he pay, he is a HOFer ? Please! P.Rose on the overrated part ,There is a white {of} ,that played in New York , you {MAY] want to put on your list { ?} Now for the Rose thing ,He holds MLB records, that may NEVER get broken !,he is the only player to be a ALL*STAR at 4 PO"S 2b,of,3b & 1b .Lack of power , so is Cobb overrated for hitting less HR's than Rose did , I think not! A mediocre glove? He has a career fielding pct .991 in the of ,top 10 all-time ? Like he is in most stat"s ? SH also,which a lot of people can not do!No body played harder?You are big vrs PED/drug users , Rose cheated the Reds,They cheated all of baseball by your arguments & I think your reaching on the Bonds/Clemens remark about HOFers before they used ,when ever that was?Robert.

there is a rule because people threw a world series, end of story. their reasons for it are unimportant

Pete Rose is overrated, I'm sorry. He took 2804 more plate appearances to garner 67 more hits. His career wRC+ (weighted runs created the most accurate hitting stat we have as it weighs the type of hits and is adjusted for park and league, with an average score being 100) of 121 is not even good enough for the top 300 all time (whereas Ty Cobb's 165 is good enough for 8th all time so clearly Cobb is not overrated) Rose not only gambled and lied, he kept lying and used it to his advantage to magically come clean when it was profitable for him to do so. He's a scumbag. He's a HOF player but not "inner circle" and I think the best thing to do is wait for him to die then let him in.

P.S. fielding percentage? really? that's like the most worthless statistic in the world because it doesn't account for range. a statue with inability to move could have a 1.000 fielding % if it never made an error, but it would be a far worse fielder than a player who created more outs but made a few errors along the way.