View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 05:44 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387
Default Luke Heimlich - assaulting niece and MLB bound?

Should this guy get an opportunity to play pro baseball. How many years does he wait for it to be ok. He apparently is huge talent as he is basically the best college pitcher

This guy plead guilty to a sex assaulting his niece. However, he says he pled guilty at the time not because he was guilty but to move on with life basically

Also he was only 16 at the time so when are sins of when you were a minor impact you forever. I had thought baseball is about performance on the field.

Also, his records are now sealed and he no longer has to register as a sex offender. So now we have someone that does not have to register a sex offender being denied employment for being a sex offender.

If he gets to play MLB, is what pete rose did worse than him as Rose has a lifetime ban but Heimlich will get to play MLB baseball...

also when is a guilty plea guilty these days? If you can plead guilty and deny being guilty later, that is interesting. He said/she said cases are pretty tough and can be defended.

Also why go through therapy etc if deny guilt. You are using up state resources for no reason and i would deem that fraud. Here is his quote

“I always denied anything ever happened,” he said. “Even after I pled guilty, which was a decision me and my parents thought was the best option to move forward as a family. And after that, even when I was going through counseling and treatment, I maintained my innocence the whole time.”

Why go through counseling and treatment when maintaining innocence, it would appear all of that counseling and treatment didnt do much if he is maintaning his innocence throughout the treatment, how the heck did the state deem he completed treatment (and allow him to complete treatment) if he says he is innocent.

Anyway, i am on the fence on this... your thoughts?

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 06-27-2018 at 05:46 AM.