Thread: Babe Ruth?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 10:46 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscheck View Post
I haven't spoken to him yet. I did read the string and what I can tell you is I was given the ticket by a women that stated she was at the game and saw Babe at a radio broadcast after and had the ticket signed. My dad was a maintenance manger at a condo complex in Delray Beach Florida for over 20 years. This woman was one of the residents. My dad would talk to all the residents and apparently my brother and I were topics for him to bring up. I was living in Florida after I got out of the service and he apparently told her I was a Yankee fan (I grew up in NYC). She asked him if he thought I would like a Babe Ruth autograph. She apparently went into her bedroom and came out with the ticket. My dad conveyed this to me, I went over to meet her, and had a nice chat and wound up with the ticket. I then took it and put it in one of those plastic holders with screws and have had it since sometime in 1992. I am not sure but judging by where she lived and the story I would put her at close to 70 when I met her.
If you don't mind me asking, at what point were you prompted to have the piece authenticated and if you knew it was authentic, then why send it off for 3rd party authentication?
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123