Thread: Babe Ruth?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscheck View Post
I haven't spoken to him yet. I did read the string and what I can tell you is I was given the ticket by a women that stated she was at the game and saw Babe at a radio broadcast after and had the ticket signed. My dad was a maintenance manger at a condo complex in Delray Beach Florida for over 20 years. This woman was one of the residents. My dad would talk to all the residents and apparently my brother and I were topics for him to bring up. I was living in Florida after I got out of the service and he apparently told her I was a Yankee fan (I grew up in NYC). She asked him if he thought I would like a Babe Ruth autograph. She apparently went into her bedroom and came out with the ticket. My dad conveyed this to me, I went over to meet her, and had a nice chat and wound up with the ticket. I then took it and put it in one of those plastic holders with screws and have had it since sometime in 1992. I am not sure but judging by where she lived and the story I would put her at close to 70 when I met her.
Sounds like a scenario for "Treasure Detectives". They will:
  • Verify Ruths' whereabouts
  • verify womans identity and movements
  • Authenticate ticket
  • Authenticate autograph
  • X-ray the ticket for the hell of it
  • Talk to Chris