View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 07:21 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvu_class_of_2001 View Post
Welcome to the world of vintage football. I just got into it this year myself. I'm working to complete the 1955 All-American set. Once I get it completed, I will work to upgrade. A lot of the ones I have are very low grade. I have my set scanned into a flickr folder, so if I'm at a show or shop, I can take a quick look online at my set and figure out if I need an upgrade.

It's the first vintage set I've tried to put together. Honestly, it may be the only one I ever do, as the others I'd really be interested in are well out of my price range.

At the end of the day, it's all about fun!
That '55 Topps AA is a really great set. That is one that I wouldn't mind building. However, I am having trouble deciding where I want to start. I am thinking about (in no particular order):

1. '55 Topps All-American
2. '52 Bowman (probably small--really like the color and team logos)
3. '64 Philly (very affordable, plain design but I like it)
4. '61 Fleer (I really like those Fleer designs...especially the team logos)
5. '56 Topps
6. '68 Topps

I also am intrigued by '57 and '58 Topps.

I am new to this and am overwhelmed because so many of the sets are so doable. I know I just need to get in somewhere and go. You guys make all of them look so appealing. I could build most of the 60s stuff (not '65) in pretty high grade. Even some of the '50s stuff I could do decent mid-grade.

Somebody focus me, please!