View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 10:34 AM
d.ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
I'm with Curt, in that I'm fortunate to have not been one of the big losers.
Lee "Bee Bee" Richard cancelled out on a signing and I still had a little bit of credit due with Chris, but not a big deal.
I will say that Chris did in fact provide an excellent service for his first few years in business. He managed to round up a few signers that were off the grid that I had been trying to get through the years...
I was left with holding a credit as well. I am sure there are others. Did not hear anything about Potter "owing tens of thousands" and the whole flamethrower business, although I would not be surprised. Potter offered a niche service for mostly obscure off the show circuit players. I have yet to come across a board thread were thousands (even hundreds??) of collectors were screaming bloody murder. No board I frequented had a forum dedicated to Potter dealings. Any postings were a one here, one there wondering aloud if Potter was still in business. I would love to hear the entire story. Do tell.

Someday, I fully expect to see Potter at an obscure show in a former Elks Lodge, perhaps set up at a flea market or swap meet, hawking his wares.