Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the shout-out!

I just got these two back from the photographer. The first image is of Bob Feller after pitching a one-hitter against the Red Sox on July 31, 1946. That one measures 28" x 30".

The second image should be pretty familiar, I hope. It measures at 22" x 28".

I have another painting that should be coming back soon too, as well as a few works in progress. Aside from starting some of the commissions for board members, I have these going on - and as usual, please excuse the poor photography:

Jackie stealing home against the Phillies, July 2, 1950. It's got a long ways to go, but it's starting to get there! It's a nice size at 24" x 32", and if some of you remember, was in progress at the National last year.

Ty Cobb batting against the White Sox on Opening Day, April 14, 1908 in Chicago's South Side Grounds. Cobb went 3-5 with a homer, but the Sox ended up with the victory. This bad boy's going to worked on a lot this week, and at 40" x 62", is quite the undertaking.

At 30" x 70", this is Mickey Mantle during a mid September game of his rookie year. Facing Feller and the Indians on that September 16 contest, the Yanks came up on top and took over first place for good.

Regarding the National, I won't be there exhibiting this year unfortunately. However, I do know that Dean has plans to work something out for the Chicago version next year, which I think will be another wonderful opportunity. Man, I just had so much fun last year.

Though, I will actually be in attendance at the National on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but only as a spectator. I'm really hoping that I can purchase some nice photos for future paintings and basically look around a lot (I feel like I didn't really get the chance last year). I know that I already have plans to meet up with some of you again, so I'm super stoked!!! I may bring a painting or two down there, but I don't even know if it would make it past the hotel doors. I guess it all depends on what I can fit into the car, and what people actually want to see. I guess if you're dying to see something in person, let me know and we'll see if I can work it out.

This weekend, if you guys are in the Massachusetts area, I'll be giving a talk at the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge on Saturday. It's their annual celebration of the National game and they've been kind enough to give me some time to make a fool of myself. So, if you want to come on by, bring some tomatoes!

Hope y'all dig it!

Graig