Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

I don't think hr baker looks like a ghost at all! You are HORRIBLE!!! BOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
Hey all,

Hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day weekend.

I took the time to take a break from commission stuff and work on some smaller portraits for the inventory, as well as to get the juices flowing in the new apartment. Or something.

These are only a few hours in each, so none of them are done. The 9" x 12" Gehrig is probably the closest to completion, though I need to get more work on the mezzanine level, as well as soften some edges and some minor details (buttons!). Apparently, this one is already spoken for.

The second is a seldom-seen Conlon shot of DiMaggio. I believe it's from '36 or '37, judging from his face. The light captured in the photograph seems a little big flat and devoid of punch, so I'm trying to exaggerate that a bit. Obviously, this 9" x 12"s not there yet, either.

The least finished is the 11" x 14" of Home Run Baker. I've always adored the image it came from and I finally thought I'd give it a shot. The man looks like a friggin' ghost. I hope I can pull it off in the end.

Anywho, questions, comments and crits are always welcomed! And as usual, excuse the sh*tty photography - one day, I'll get that right.

Thanks for checking back!

Graig

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 09-07-2010 at 11:37 PM.