View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 06:08 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeefan51 View Post
Wolfers catalogs were amongst the most attractive in the hobby.
There were also a manageable number of lots.

We obtained well over $100,000 in items from Wolfers- most however,
came after the auction when the "buyers" disappeared. We attended a number of live auctions in SF.

In additional to some questionable financial practice as both a baseball guy and a stamp guy, Duane was close friends with another less than ethical guy by the name of Al Gore. He was behind Gore for President

Too bad he could not play by the rules- AUCTIONS were great, often held in SF hotels- good time great cards, "unreal prices"

Bruce
"Whilst" looking through their catalogs it was obvious to many that Wolfers inventory in their catalogs were "amongst" the most questionable inventory in the auction world.
Wow, I never thought I would use whilst and amongst in the same sentence on Net54 .
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 06-18-2011 at 06:09 AM.