View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 08:38 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I'm selling a card and have buy it now option. Some guy wrote to me and asked what's your best price. I told him what I'd accept and he has 24 hours to accept it. What happens if I receive a higher offer in the interim? Can I accept it? Is it a lousy thing to do? I sympathize to a degree with the guy, but no one really needs 24 hours to consider an offer do they?
From Ebay's website:

Using Best Offer

If you see Make Offer below the Buy It Now price in the listing, the seller accepts Best Offers from buyers.

You can negotiate the price with the seller, giving you the opportunity to buy the item for less than the Buy It Now price. The seller can accept your offer, decline your offer, or make a counteroffer. However, you should make what you consider to be your best offer for the item because any seller who receives multiple offers for an item is likely to accept the highest Best Offer.

(Underlining added)

I would infer from the above that the answer to your question would be: yes, if you receive a higher offer in the interim you can accept the higher offer.