View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 07:26 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
I sure wouldn't want to be on that committee now...

that both #1 and #2 have lost...

and they almost have to have a 2-loss team ( Auburn) in the top 4...assuming they beat 10-1 Georgia again next week in the SEC championship.

or does UCF have a chance, since they, along with Wisconsin are the only unbeaten teams left?

If Ohio State, another 2-loss team, beats Wisconsin in their championship game....do they get in?

Assuming Clemson wins tonight, they would likely become #1 with Oklahoma #2.

How far do 11-1 Alabama and 10-1 Miami drop?

What a nightmare!

Isn't it a great thing that we now have the playoffs to straighten every thing out? LOL

A case could be made for bringing that old computer out of the closet. I'm not a big fan of AI running my life, but is a human committee really any better at picking the best four teams to go forward? If we go to 8 teams and another round, is picking the eighth team going to be any easier than picking the fourth? NO!

Whoever makes the selections, man or HAL, there is going to be a lot of criticism and unhappy folks.

I like Wisconsin over UCF in the national finals and I'll cover the spread.

Going back to the original post in this thread, I guess Alabama's schedule leading up to the Auburn game was just too tough. I underestimated the Mercer effect.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.