View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 08:44 PM

I just came across this post. I was surprised to see there is interest in pocket schedules and the vintage schedules with the players on the front look great. I started collecting schedules to add as a little extra item to include when I would trade with someone. I would work a trade, and always try to add something baseball related to the trade and put it with the cards as a surprise to the collector. I write to major and minor league teams and ask for schedules and fan packs. It is nice what some teams would send out, schedules, player cards, key chains, bracelets, pitching mound dirt, team decals, etc. and some teams do not respond. Teams are also making magnetic schedules and some are great to collect. When my kids were younger and involved in Scouts, I had the boys in the troop write to get them interested in baseball cards etc. As my sons got older, I kept writing and giving out the team items to collectors and neighborhood kids. Then I thought, why not ask collectors that I am trading with if they would have any baseball schedules from their area to add to the trade. My collection grew from there. I have baseball schedules from the early 80's to current. The oldest schedules that I have are from the 1965 Yankees and Phillies. Both have players on the front of the schedules; 1965 Phillies – B. Saam, R. Ashburn, B. Campbell sportscasters’ photos, and 1965 Yankees – P. Rizzuto, R. Barber, J. Coleman, J. Garagiola sportscasters’ photos.
With the internet, I am afraid teams will stop producing pocket schedules, since so many fans can look up the schedule on their phone or computer.
If anyone would like to trade baseball major and minor league schedules, send me an email or private message, and maybe we can help each other with our collections. thanks

Last edited by Dennis K; 03-11-2018 at 09:01 PM.