View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 12:52 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
It's a poll of opinion, not a vote for enshtinement and your opinion is in the minority.
Which clearly equates to "wrong" in your mind. It'd be nice if the world was that black and white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
First a guy says cheating is cheating then he says when a person cheated matters. Okay.
Quote:
If you're referring to me, I didn't say that, nor did I imply that.
Seems like you absolutely implied this:

Quote:
No, my basis is that Bonds was a HOFer before he started using steroids. From what I know, Bonds didn't start using steroids until after the '98 season. You don't think he already put up HOF numbers by then? What if MLB could somehow discredit all Bonds stats after the '98 season? Would you think he deserves to be in then?
So let me understand. I asked if you felt making mistakes in the past meant you were forced to continue making them going forward. You said no, that your reasoning for admitting Bonds was what is quoted above, that he was a "HOFer before he started using." But "cheating is cheating", right? Later you say this:

Quote:
I believe if you're going to let one cheater into the HOF, then you have to let them all in - Manny, McGwire, Sosa, etc. On the other hand, if they want to banish all the cheaters, then I'm also OK with them keeping the PED users out. Eirher way, it should just be fair. Let the cheaters in or keep them out. Doesn't matter to me, but be consistent. And IMO, as I've already said, cheating is cheating, it doesn't matter the extent of it.
So which is it? Was Bonds a HOFer before he cheated, or are you in fact OK with repeating mistakes indefinitely because mistakes were made, by a completely different group of people, 25 years ago? For someone who references consistency so often you seem to have a hard time being consistent with your own reasoning.