View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 12:15 PM

Vlad had a run in the early 2000s that carried his 95 Bowman's Best rookie to Griffey like numbers. Raw mint copies were pulling upwards of $150 with 10s selling for upwards of a thousand. The Refractors were pulling ridiculous amounts of money regardless of centering or print lines.

You can get slabbed gems for about 65 bucks now. It's crazy. I remember selling a PSA 9 Bowman (not even Bowman's Best) for 200 way back when. It's hard to believe how inexpensive they are now.

Now the Bowman's Best rookie is about 10 bucks raw with Refractors still getting decent coin but nowhere near where they were a decade ago.

I think the only truly iconic card of the 90s, 20-30 years from now, will be the '93 SP Jeter rookie. ARod's already taken such a huge dip and Rivera--despite all his greatness--his cards didn't really pull much of anything until the last few years. I'm really, really curious as to what they'll sell for a few years from now.

Who knows. Different generations buy and collect different things so...we'll see what happens.