View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 03:37 PM
Howard Chasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by docpatlv View Post
Day 5

This is one of the other Plak panels that Howard was referring to above. There is one other panel combination that I don't have and that is the Kaline-Clemente-Yastrzemski. One interesting thing is how they changed Roberto's name on each of the base plates. The panel I posted on Day 4 has Roberto Clemente, this next one has his name as Robert Clemente, and the last has his name as R. Clemente.

I was able to pick up this panel on eBay about a year after I purchased the first one. You can tell that there were some modifications made between the panels (notably in the shoulder area). I'm assuming that the Mile High find consisted of prototypes. The Plaks that made it out to the public also seem to be on thicker sprues.

1968 Topps Plaks Panel: Wynn-Clemente-Santo

Interesting - I knew about the "Clement" and "Clemente" differences, never realized the "R" and "Roberto". I had such a hard time spending "real" money on these as they are so darn ugly!! I still only have 1 single (from before the find) and 1 3 player sprue (and I'm done with them at that).

The photos I am posting today I know little about and have been unsuccessful in getting any information about them. If anyone has any please do share. The person I purchased them from said they were acquired during spring training 1960. They are on a medium weight cardboard stock and are about the size of 1975 topps mini's. As you can see they appear to be hand cut. I have not had them authenticated, but believe the signatures to be legit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan-150125-0007.jpg (71.2 KB, 1573 views)
File Type: jpg Scan-150125-0006.jpg (71.7 KB, 1550 views)
File Type: jpg Scan-150125-0008.jpg (61.7 KB, 1533 views)