View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 11:18 AM
sfh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
A good friend of mine is about 20 cards from finishing '64 Topps. In looking through it, I have a hard time mustering any real excitement or enthusiasm for it. That set is just very blah to me. Best of luck with whatever you decide. It is your collection and doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks. Do what makes you happy. Honestly, I just can't get excited any longer about much of anything from the 1960s Topps sets. There are a few exceptions, but there is just so much good stuff in the 1950s that can be had affordably with patience...
I will eventually get them all. 1957 was a consideration as well but I decided that I needed to focus on filling out the 60s and the 3 remaining sets from the 70s.

1957 is on the radar due to Brooks Robinson RC (who is is my all time favorite player). When I start on 1957 it will be my first set from the 50s. I have done some preliminary calculation on what it will cost for me to assemble 1957 in my desired condition and have decided to wait a little while longer. I am leaning towards knocking out 1969 at this time, primarily due to the factors mentioned above. I will probably pick up a few 1964s here and there to provide a foundation in the future.