View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 03:36 AM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by js95b1p View Post
Received my invoice today from Crazy Uncle Auctions. Has anyone noticed the address information and does it raise a concern for you?
That and the fact that making payment has turned into a major side quest.

The invoice says "Payment may be made by credit card, check, wire transfer or PayPal. For payment by any method other than credit card please contact us at info@crazyuncleauctions.com and we will assist with the purchase."

All auction houses I've bought from will add a link to pay via Paypal on their website, and that is how I prefer to pay since it is so simple. Having to contact them to pay by Paypal seems...odd. No worries, I'll just pay by credit card, except there are no directions as to how to do that. No radio button on the My Account page and no indications in the rules.You needed to give a credit card to register, so do I just wait and they'll automatically charge me? Or do I *also* have to contact them to pay by card?

In an auction with nearly 1000 lots, having to contact them to make payment just adds another place for human error to creep in. I have other issues with how this auction was run, but the payment process is enough that I doubt I'll participate in any future auctions.