View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 04:16 AM
David Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnichols View Post
Anyone who pays a higher price depending upon what their card is worth is a sucker. The PSA/SGC argument is better than BVG is a crock of crap.

Anyone who knows who's really grading at BGS/BVG knows that Andy Broome does the vintage grading at Beckett and was a senior grader for PSA.

Anyone can go pull out horrible examples/mistakes by each company and use those extremes of why not to utilize that company.

Accuracy AND Consistency is where one should judge each company. The reason Beckett has gotten a bad rap is that they had previously put out they would grade a sheet-cut card so long that it measured up to the measurements set-forth by the card companies.

I would argue that quite a bit of the vintage I've submitted to BVG has been as good or better than PSA examples and has come back with lesser grades.

There is a guy that is active in the hobby who had a 1970 Topps Nolan Ryan bump from a PSA 9 to a PSA 10. A $36,000 increase at the time simply because PSA rendered a different and more favorable opinion. When he got the email or call that they were going to charge his credit card more because the value of the card was higher than what service level it was submitted under you really think the first thing that crossed his mind is man I am sucker. You have to be kidding with this statement.

I don't have any cards in this price range but I promise you this that if I ever send in a card and get contacted by PSA saying I owe them more money, the first thing out of my mouth is going to be Woooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!