View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 09:25 PM

Thanks for all the kind words and congratulations. It was a real challenge. To answer one of the questions, the last two pins I secured were Marquard and Warhop. The last go-round the final pins I secured were Abattichio and Pelty. I would have to say those are among the toughest to find. Tough ones this time included Engle LL and Wheat LL. It is perhaps unusual that the Hall of Famers (other than Marquard and Wheat), were not that difficult to find. I have one collector friend who helped me quite a bit who has had trouble finding a nice Tinker LL, but the HOFers are much more readily attainable than some of the "commons." The Heinie Wagner is also pretty tough but I was able to find a duplicate only a month after finally finding a Wagner I needed and was able to package it in the trade along with a duplicate tough Scanlon to secure the last two I needed. About 75% of the set is PSA graded (I don't believe SGC grades them) and I hope to get the other 25% graded eventually. My almost complete Domino Disc set, on the other hand, is all ungraded as I like them displayed in the large shadow box I have with their bright colors.
So I now continue my other tasks of completing the D311 Pacific Coast Biscuit and, of course, the E94 master set. Both are extremely tough to complete but I patiently endeavor.
Every set I have completed was collected card by card (or pin by pin) as the thrill of the hunt is something I love