Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 09:34 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Yeah, when I saw that she has given reporters the bird I was pretty shocked. Certainly not the type of behavior you would ever see from blue blooded American boys like NASCAR drivers, country and rock and roll singers, and guys like Mickey Mantle. These kids today are out of control. Jetty Lee Lewis would be spinning in his grave (if he was dead). Wheeze. Cough cough. Where's my damm Metamucil.
Amen. The sad part is, much like the NFL/NBA/MLB employing hundreds of criminals (MLB to a lesser extent, I might add; although Aroldis Chapman can go pound salt), the entertainment industry promotes this type of behavior. Our society is really screwed up because of the perpetual nature of these antics. Subject A acts like an arse in public, disregarding all manners and respect for society. Subject A then gets paid $XXXXXXXXX for such antics. Teenage Subject B witnesses these antics, sees Subject A get rich, idolizes Subject A and wants to be like them. Pre-teen Subject C sees Subject B acting like Subject A, and wants to be like Subject B because they look up to them and/or want to be like them. The cycle of crap continues.

Don't even get me started on the national media ignoring the figureheads in NASCAR, Country Music, etc., yet employing and promoting people like Lady Gaga or Beyonce, who performed a racially charged show at last year's Super Bowl. I know this board doesn't tolerate political discussions, so I will keep this short, subtle, and to the point...

We need more kids idolizing guys like Toby Keith, Trace Adkins, Shaq, Chase Elliott, and most importantly, our military members. The term "Hero" is thrown around too loosely.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame