View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
You might not sell your cards, but that's a dealer mentality.
Well, I disagree but I definitely see where you're coming from. The difference in my mind is if the guy signs 10 great, and if he signs 1, that's great too. I come prepared for multiples but at the end of the day I'm happy with what I get and I don't push, shove, yell out rude comments, etc. In fact, I've gotten to know several guys in the minors just by striking up conversation with them while they sign.

I guess my whole point of contention here is that making generalizations is usually dangerous, and there seems to be a lot of generalizations being made in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
the guys with the binders trying to get 10 autographs while every around them is trying to get one.
I think it's up to the player. If the player is willing to sign ten, and in the process not shut out 5 other people, then so be it. You have to have some common sense, if it's a rush thing and you know the guy wants to get everyone, put out one item. If the guy is standing around talking and signing whatever, give him whatever. Sometimes I have 10 different cards of a guy, and I usually try to get as many different cards done as possible like someone else mentioned. But I won't jump in front of someone with one item, I usually try to go last. End of the day, as long as you're polite to the player and the fans around you, it shouldn't bother anybody.

Last edited by dgo71; 02-10-2013 at 02:03 PM.