View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedski_TX View Post
If what 95% of the posters on this topic say is true (ebay is rigged against sellers; sellers' word means nothing; ebay protects buyer at all cost, etc) you should have no trouble getting a refund.
eBay isn't rigged. You just need to know how it works.

That being said there are still a very, very small percent of buyers that understand how the system works to the point that they could extort the seller with the seller having no recourse, that extortion is limited to their purchase price including original shipping and shipping back to the seller. I get to speak for a very large sample size of the market - the chance of this happening in any one transaction is .000000062%

Had Ull responded asking for photographs of the packaging materials and goods in the package he would have had a chance to win the case, but with how he reacted he was "forced" into a refund. 49 times out of 50 the buyer threw out the packaging and won't provide proper photographs, resulting in winning your side - them calling eBay and appealing, and eBay sending them a refund out of eBay's own pocket while you still keep your money. See - both parties are happy - that is all eBay cares about.

eBay simply wants you to walk (not run) through the process they have set up that is "buyer and seller protection". As with the government - you need to file the proper forms, cross your t's and dot your i's. eBay is becoming more and more bureaucratic. Someone will always find a loophole to abuse on both sides of the buying/selling spectrum. As I post in my signature, if you ever need advice about an eBay situation PLEASE reach out to me. I can help you. I deal with this many times a day. It is my job.

Edit - Fixed some math. I think. It's early on a Sunday and I haven't had my coffee yet.
Edit again - Now the math is fixed. I had missed a 0. Coffee operational.

Last edited by Sean1125; 01-10-2016 at 05:44 AM.