View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Zach

I think one of the problems is, is that sellers are buying high and selling high. I saw a SGC 20 Dimaggio go for about $675 which I thought was high enough in auction he is now trying to sell it for $899. It is crazy enough it sold for $675, so why buy that high and sell a lot higher?

In defense of Ebay, it is the ultimate garage sale, let's face it, we get more bids and more attention to our items then anywhere else we would sell things. If I sold my cards in my garage one day, they either would not sell or I would get super low ball offers and have to accept that, especially if I needed money within less than 30 days. Ebay is fast, convenient and you gain maximum exposure. The key is, is to not buy high then sell high, and also list items properly. For example if you want to sell a Leaf Satchel Paige card, list it as 1949,1948,Leaf,satchel,satchell Paige rookie. If you can fit all of that. Then you will attact those that can't spell his last name and also those that can't decide if it's 48 or 49 Leaf. This is one of my strategies whenever I sell items and my sales are usually higher than I forecast and go above book value or at book value. My items also appear in several search results instead of just one.
I am not too worried about ebay fees, if I was to sell an item I would take to approximate fees amount into consideration.
If someone has no choice but to buy high from someone else, well, I don't know what to say to that.

Last edited by zljones; 03-23-2012 at 12:15 PM.