View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 10:08 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianruns10 View Post
Aside from the primo cards, your Mantles, Mays, etc, I've noticed of late a real price drop in '52s. For example, I bought I PSA 8 Sid Hudson just the other day for a little over $500. I was prepared to pay more, but the competing bids just weren't there. Craziest of all, this exact same card (exact, same PSA number, everything) sold at Heritage auctions in late 2015 for just shy of$3000! That's a heck of a price drop. That's an extreme example, but I've defintely noticed of late that cards I've sold have fetched less, and cards that, just a few years ago I might've paid $250 for, I'm now getting for $150 or $175.

What is causing this downtown? I haven't noticed more cards on the market, or a surplus. These cards, to me, seem no harder or easier to obtain in the grades I like. It's just that there isn't the same fervor to buy.
I think most years cards are down somewhat, not just 52's, but keep in mind, that same auction you are referring to, with the $3,000 dollar card, also sold another 8 in the same auction for just over $800.00. The 3G card you're referring to has a black back, not a much more populous red back.

https://www.psacard.com/cardfacts/ba...udson-60/22997 (scroll down to see the previous auctions and use the graph above to check out the population report)

Edit: Your $500 dollar card is the black back, exact same number, version as the $3,000 one? Can you post a pic of it?

Last edited by irv; 07-23-2017 at 05:10 PM.