View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 06:02 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Several years ago I was a subscriber. I had gotten married and let the subscription lapse since I had no money at that point anyway. About a year ago, I signed up for it again. When the first issue arrived, I thought the other half must surely be arriving the next day! It was/is a shell of what it once was. Other posters have already explained how digital and web based opportunities have diminished it. Honestly, there isn't much in there these days outside of numerous advertisements. The auctions they advertise are often for crazy high dollar stuff. Every now and then, there might be an article that interests me but not very often. I have known for a while that I need to cancel, but I just haven't yet. This is partly because I have some good memories associated with receiving SCD and tearing through it and enjoying it. I also remember a buddy of mine spending a bunch of dough on Coaches Corner auctions...not exactly a solid investment. . Anyway, I will most likely cancel. I can't recommend it to anyone.