View Single Post
Old 06-25-2023, 09:07 AM
Stefan

Holy cow - do buyers typically ask for this stuff? I've probably done 6-figures worth in deals here since I started and I don't think any of these ever came up (sans sharing my eBay name once or twice). I do mostly avoid gift payments (unless we've done previous business), and if I do send one, I will put it on a credit card

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post
Before he would remotely agree to pay ( he would send via goods and services but my listing clearly states net and I wasn’t paying fees ) I sent / provided:

* provided three references out here on Net54 to sales I have made including a $2000 item - an $800 item and a local Net54 buyer who I have done a couple deals with ( several hundred dollars and around $1,000 in total )and met personally…also have numerous other sales out here…
* sent links to my history as a game used bat expert on Game Used Universe
* my 100% perfect feedback on eBay with 2,444 transactions
* link to auction item I consigned with Robert Edwards with my COA and in which the auction company cited my background and expertise….one of many items I consigned with REA over the years WITH MY COA in the lot description and pictures - a Jim Caravello COA…..I answer game used bat and jersey questions daily / weekly via email and write COAs regularly….
* My Company’s business website and my personal profile where I have 2 professional business licenses that require ethics classes each year as part of my continuing education
* Indicated I was more than happy to jump on a phone call as well to get him comfortable with the $625 deal…

Last edited by Smanzari; 06-25-2023 at 09:29 AM.