View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 02:48 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by polakoff View Post
You should.

I'm a player collector of Chris Coghlan and given that I have almost all of his easy-to-obtain stuff I have to go for the obscure...which isn't that plentiful given that he's somewhat of an obscure player to begin with. If a loose flip of his popped up on ebay I'd buy it in a second if the price were reasonable. Why? I can't even tell you. I just know that if there's something of his that I don't have, I want it, even if it isn't catalogued.

Just like people buy expired and USED redemptions (I'm guilty here too), people will buy these. My guess is the buyer intends to break the lot up. Of all the Rose collectors in the world, there has to be someone interested in a flip. Likewise for the other guys. Check out "expired redemption" on ebay and notice all the sales. This is the same thing, except that there are theoretically hundreds of expired redemptions out there...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kris-Bryant-...8AAOSwbdpWYIej <---that's for a USED redemption! The market for ANYTHING unique is there. I wouldn't automatically jump to malice on the part of the buyers and sellers involved with these.
Even so, I think the risk for fraud outweighs the benefit to the few out there who would collect flips. The point someone else made about certificates or letters of authenticity sales not being allowed for the same reasons makes sense to me. I believe these flips should fall into that same category.