View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Default A Trend? Or is This the Way the Board has Become?

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I want to get one thing clear on this advertising thread. I do not believe I have ever voiced that I do not like the fact there is advertising, even in this thread. It is my brother Jay who has beaten it silly, not me. I can see where there is a possible conflict of interest and the response by Leon falls into that category, As stated in an earlier response.

As far as lightening up If you read posts from the first couple of years it was not a problem. Jay and I were the ones that started the NCAA final Four contest for Net54 that Nick Martinez donated the first prize. My choice about a year ago was to not respond to threads that had nothing to do with cards in hopes of keeping the board more in focus. As I have stated I feel that the board has lost it's main focus and valuable members.

By the way to me the Joe Torre thread does not belong here and should have been deleted, it adds absolutely nothing to the context of the "vintage forum". Why not discuss the Rockies current winning streak, why not talk about will ARod leave the Yanks, why not talk about whether Johan Santana should get traded before he is a free agent? Alot of things can be discussed but this should not be the forum to do it.

Lee