View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 12:28 AM
Administrator

Default A Trend? Or is This the Way the Board has Become?

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Jake,

I do not think anyone has been attacked here for giving their knowledge of a set. It is your thinking that will send this board to just a chat room with little real knowledge. Go back to the early threads and read them if you have not already. There is more substance in the first year then there has been in the last 3. Heck if it wasn't for Scot Reader and Ted Z. the substance would really be minimum.

Many of you think the "old timers" are the ones driving people away, to me it is all the new off topic non card topics that have driven them away. Heck, I always remember when Andy Baran would leave the chat room because the discussion turned to T206 and away from the subjects he liked, caramels, E107s and obscure issues. When was the last time we heard from him? What of Art M.(T206), we lost Pete Calderon to Mastro, many probably don't know he probably has the best knowledge and great site on caramel cards, what of Wike Wentz, some didn't like him but a great amount of knowledge, I know Jay Miller reads but does not post anywhere close to as much as he use to, great OJ knowledge. Even our post moderators post very rarely and they have great knowledge. I don't think the newbies realize who much more they could learn if some of this people would post again. I am sure they all have there reasons. To me I miss them all and many I have not mentioned.

This is what is missing from the board now, I strongly encourage anyone that has not and has the time to read earlier threads, you will find there is alot more substance than most of the posts today.

As far as everything being said and known far from it. Ted Z. started what is believed to be the best thread ever on the board about a year ago that has help to understand the T206 set better. So we need the inquiring minds, but if we don't have the people with the back ground it sure doesn't do much good.

Lee