View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 02:52 AM
Administrator

Default A Trend? Or is This the Way the Board has Become?

Posted By: JakeBushi

Maybe you don't get what I'm saying. I don't think ANY O/T threads belong on the board. If someone wants to discuss those topics, the internet is littered with message boards for them. However, since many people on here are sick of the O/T threads, then maybe they should just not be allowed. And that goes for EVERYBODY. I fail to see the logic in letting one person do it simply because they have posted here for awhile about baseball cards, and somebody else not doing it because they are new to the board. If the O/T threads are what's driving all the "knowledgeable" people away, I don't think they care who is posting them.

As far as driving the "knowledgeable" people away, well, how many of the people actually said they don't post here anymore because of O/T threads? What exactly are the reasons they left? Instead of living in the past and hoping these people come back, why not the people here who have knowledge step up and take on the role. Some of these people are on here enough, it shouldn't be a problem. But in the end, these same people who could step up and actually discuss the card topics, choose to become embattled in childish arguments. And what are they arguing about? They are arguing about how those people drive the knowledgeable people away. Imagine that.