View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 11:04 AM

I agree with Pete and Jim. There are several master set collectors of E98s and at least one master set collector of E94s which accounts for some of the scarcity of these set cards in the marketplace. Also, I think caramel cards in these two sets have always been tougher than mainstream tobacco card sets, just not always as popular. Finally, the selling prices for low to mid grade E94s and E98s is out of whack with their scarcity right now. I now have doubles on some cards but until the market corrects itself, they are going no where but in the safes.
This is a buyer's market right now and that is what I will continue doing. I believe card prices in general and caramel prices in particular, will rebound.
I can't speak to the CJs as I don't collect them but I remember picking up a lot of nice mid grade commons about 2 years ago for very little and flipping them a year later when I decided not to collect them. I've noticed that these same cards seem to be selling for more now than a year ago and bucking the trend but it may be simply because some collectors have done what they can with the tobacco mainstream sets and have moved in to CJs.

Last edited by tbob; 05-06-2012 at 11:06 AM.