View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Default Drastic changes, bidder history;

Posted By: Max Weder

This is a backwards step for collectors, if I've understood the changes correctly. (ie active bidding history disappears over $200 and it's no longer possbile to "search by bidder" on active auctions"

As others have pointed out, it makes it impossible for the "ebay community" to detect shilling on the higher priced items.

Second, it makes it much harder to find those "special gems" where other bidders have bid early on an item, but it may be miscatergorized or misdescribed. I have about 30 bidders bookmarked on a "search by bidder" and I am constantly amazed on what they find and bid on early that I had overlooked in my searches.

Any ebay bidder who wants anonymity can preserve it by sniping, using different ebay user names and not disclosing their names to other collectors in their area. The problem of bogus second chance offers can be overcome by getting rid of this useless feature.

I think this move will cost ebay revenue, as I know I will find fewer auctions to bid on and the ending prices will be lower as a result.

Max