View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Default moderating on the board

Posted By: Marty Ogelvie

I for one don't think a harder stance needs to be taken towards light hearted jokes. In the short amount of time I have been reading these boards I have yet to read anything that even made me think twice. I read the Jesika thread and don't even recall the family reunion remark and I was born/raised in the south. Stuff like that doesn't even register offensive to me. Perhaps I am not hyper-senstive.

I think its up to the offended person to speak up and let others know that such and such comments offended them. After which the offendee can make amends if he or she chooses to and/or the Moderator can take action if need be.

Jesika seemed to respond well to the comments thrown at her. I am sure she didn't appreciate some of them and she let those offenders know what she thought. I think she was more upset at coming to the realization that her card was fake more so than the barbs she was taking. She might have walked away disappointed but she didn't walk away with a black-eye. She gave as much as she got.

martyOgelvie
nyyankeecards.com