View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 08:10 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

[QUOTE=ullmandds;1749274]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Six View Post
I think the point is being missed here...there have to be more folks collecting Chase than Jackson for a number of reasons that have nothing to do with who was the better player (for the record, Jackson is the better player). Who can reasonably collect Jackson? Career contemporary cards of Jackson are a fraction of what is available for Chase. Those that are available are expensive to a fault as well as considerably more rare than Chase...or just about anyone else up for consideration in this topic. Chase has every bit as interesting story as Jackson, is also someone who has HOF credentials, was as popular as any of his peers and, I would argue, he would be an even greater cult player if he had a movie made about him like Jackson did. How many folks here collect Jackson? How many Chase? One Jackson in your collection doesn’t make it a player collection. I have 21 different Chase cards in my collection and it likely ranks as one of the weakest Chase collections on this board. Chase makes the top 10 in my mind...

Good points...I agree! I don't think I own any chases????

They are readily available on eBay, the BST...buy a couple and you can join in on the fun, too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.