View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 07:44 PM
Randy Trierweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleerfan View Post
In reading through this thread, it looks like I've got some work to do updating The Fleer Sticker Project on the quiz card variations! Thanks to all of you for referring to the site - its good to see comments from a number of you (Barry, Troy, & Dave) who have provided information and scans for various posts over the years.

As for the question regarding the white vs. yellow quiz cards, I don't think we can definitely answer that question until someone finds an unopened pack of Baseball Decals. I have a suspicion that the white quiz cards may have been included with the Decals, based solely on the fact that the decals are much harder to find than the cloth patches from this time, and the white quiz cards are similarly less common than the yellow cards. As has been pointed out, the decals had to come out no earlier than 1972 given the inclusion of the Texas Rangers, which likely would have been around the same time that the 1972 Cloth Patches came out which did include the yellow quiz cards.

With regards to the variations in the 1969-1971 quiz cards with the team logos that Troy mentioned, I think I have tracked down all the variations with different questions. The variations that Troy posted match up with what I have for the Mets.

From what I've been able to determine, there are no variations in the 1969 cards (smaller logo) , but for the 1970 set (larger logo with 2 questions) there are 2 sets of questions for the Orioles, Twins, Mets, and Braves, and for the 1971 set (larger logo with 3 questions), there are 2 sets of questions for the Orioles, A's, Mets, and Reds. I will try to post pictures here when I get a chance, and update the blog as well.

In the meantime, here is a picture of the Baseball Decals box (but alas no unopened packs):

Its also great to get input from Fleerfan. He has a very well researched blog that helped my collection a ton.