View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Default Show your favorite signed card in your collection....

Posted By: Glen Turner

I picked it up off Ebay around 2000-1 the best I can remember. The seller said he was selling it along with 2 other 1933 Goudeys for a friend who found them it some of his grandfather's stuff. He said he had no idea if the autograph was real. The 2 other cards were not signed. I THOUGHT IT WAS REAL and won the auction.
When I sent it to PSA/DNA I was pretty sure it would come back authentic, but you never know about them.
I just got through sending in some autographed cards to get authenticated. I sent 5 different Norm Cash cards in and there was one of the 5 that I got in person. Guess which one they questioned the authenticity. You are right if you guessed the one I got signed in person. Another they did not authenticate was the 1967 Topps card with Curt Flood and Lou Brock together and I stood & watched them both sign it when I was a kid. There's more stories but I will stop there.
I always say PSA has your money whether they authenticate an autograph or not and no matter what grade they assign your cards.
They sure miss alot on cards that I got signed in person.

Glen